Unique and patented
The unique and patented principle of the RIOCATH® Rectal Tube is based on the RIOCATH® Brand’s revolutionary principle of gentle unfurling, inside-out technology. As the Rectal Tube is administered it slowly unrolls from inside the device. As the soft polymer tube unfurls the inside layer becomes the outside layer as it expands upward. Unlike traditional hard tubes, this unique mechanism prevents damage to the anal wall and cannot be inserted to far. RIOCATH® technology allows easy insertion without any friction or discomfort to the baby.
CZECH IDEA PROTECTED BY THE EUROPEAN PATENT
Riocath® Rectal Tube
1. Remove all the packaging and hold the Riocath® rectal tube by the teddy bear’s head (3) with its ears pointing down (the teddy bear’s head is upside down).
2. Holding the rectal tube in this direction, move it under running water and let the water run between the wide tube (2) and the narrow tube (4) located close to the teddy bear’s head. (pic.1)
3. Keep on holding the rectal tube by the teddy bear’s head (3) and use your other hand do hold the other (movable) tube with broadened end (4). Check the tube by pushing it in and pulling it out several times (pic.2) – it should move smoothly.
4. Lay the baby down on his or her back and rub his or her belly before inserting the rectal tube.
5. Hold the Riocath® Rectal Tube with your thumb at the end of narrow broadened (movable) tube (4) and both of your index and middle finger leaning on the teddy bear’s ears. (pic.3)
6. Holding the baby’s legs up with one hand, gently place the rectal tube near the baby’s anus. Slowly push the tube with your thumb into the anus. You don’t have to worry about the tube going in too deep as it only ejects the maximum of 2,5 cm which is one of the most important features of Riocath® Rectal Tube.
7. After inserting the tube wait for the accumulated gas to leave through it.
8. Finally, with one hand, hold the rectal tube by the teddy bear’s head (3) and use your other hand to pull the narrow (movable) tube (4) into its original position.
AFTER THE INSERTING OF RIOCATH® RECTAL TUBE INTO ANUS OF INFANT DO NOT ROTATE IT USELESSLY.
WHEN PULLING OUT, MAKE SURE THE THIN MOBILE TUBE IS FULLY ROLLED BACK TO BASIC POSITION HOW TO SEE ON THE PICTURE WITH THE BLUE TEDDY.
This product is single use only. Store in cool, dry and dark place. It is a good idea to consult a doctor or pharmacist about using a rectal tube.
OUR UNIQUE AND PATENTED RIOCATH® PRINCIPLE ELIMINATES THE FRICTION, AND RISKS, ASSOCIATED WITH TRADITIONAL HARD RECTAL TUBES. RIOCATH’S GENTLE PAIN FREE APPLICATION PREVENTS FEAR OF THE PROCEDURE AND UNWANTED ‘CONDITIONED REFLEXES’ IN THE CHILD.